- Read 25 books -So anyone who knows me will know how much I love reading and I have come to love setting myself a goal of how many books I want to read for the year. Last year I set myself the goal of 12 books which I surpassed by reading over 20 so I thought that 25 would be achievable particularly as I have a list of must read books for the year. The good thing about this goal is that I can keep track of it on goodreads.
- Write my own book – I’ve always had a love for creative writing and have always wanted to write my own book, even if nothing else happened with it. At the back end of last year I started coming up with some ideas for a book so I hope to expand those ideas and have written at least a first draft of it by this time next year.
- Learn a new language – So this is something I have tried in the past but I am determined to achieve it this year. Knowing another language opens up new opportunities and I’ve lost out on jobs due to my lack of language skills. I also just want to do this to gain a new skill generally.
- Write more book reviews – So this relates to my reading goal as I will obviously be reviewing the books I will be reading. One of the things I always set out to do when I started blogging was be a book blogger but I recently fell out of habit so I really want to get back into it this year.
- Vary my content – With the above being said, I also want to add some variety to my content. Last year I started writing Disney content but this year I want it to become a big part of my blog. I have started to plan a series that I hope to start this month. I also started sharing poetry so I hope to do more of that. I really want to give my blog some kind of direction.
- Try daily blogging – So I’m not the most organised blogger but for as long as I have been blogging I have wanted to do something like blogtober or blogmas as I like the idea of daily blogging. I definitely want to challenge myself to daily blog for a full month this year!
- Support other bloggers – So one of the things that inspired me to start a blog was other bloggers. I have always loved to read other people’s blogs and leave comments but I fell out of habit. I definitely want to read more blogs and leave more comments this year as I feel we should all support other bloggers more.
There you have it! There are my goals for 2018. I may not achieve them all but I can give them a good go. Have you set yourself any goals for this year? Feel free to share your thoughts in the comments.
Thanks for reading!